YATBTTEHTM



I have been struggling with negativity. I mean, come on. Our whole world is blowing up. The United States went from a country where most of the world liked us to one where most everybody hates and fears us.

You know what's happening. I don't need to go on.

The bummed out, angry, devastated, oh-my-gosh-what-is-happening-to-our-world collective consciousness has infiltrated our household and it was like almost everything hubs and I said to one another was mean, impatient, critical, unkind, or just lame. Oh, we had some laughs. But it felt like there was this big blob of black weight in our house and instead of getting rid of it, we just tossed it back and forth to one another. And it got heavier all the time.

It sucked.

So after a rather icky day yesterday (and it was the Sabbath and our son gave an amazing talk in church and the sun was shining and we have enough heat, water, food, &c so what was our problem anyway?) God planted an inspiration in my head and I voiced it to hubs.

It was this: I said to him, I said: Husband, things are sucky here. We are both so negative. You are angry and depressed and isolative. I am weepy and lonesome and hurt.  THIS MUST CHANGE. So, anytime you think to yourself or want to say anything negative to me at all, instead say: YOU ARE (JENNIFER IS) THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME.

So we said this over and over yesterday to one another. Um, guess that's an indication of our crabby inner and outer dialogue, huh?

Today I sent hubs a little 'yo, I'm substitute teaching band today' text and he sent back:

cool YATBTTEHTM

So, yeah. It's working. Super big smile here.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Vote Counts--Count Every Vote

#BWW--This Stands for #Bernie Would Have Won--and He Would Have

The Easiness of Negativity, The Difficulty of Positivity