An Empath's Best Friend--JJ Kings Hank



I've had a couple of bad days. These things happen to all Empaths, and as I am learning what to do when--over and over--the bad days can be not just difficult but disheartening.

Today opened with a sunshiney smile. Our farrier said he'd be a little late, so I fiddled around for a while and then went to the pasture. I haltered my big horse Dude and got his feet trimmed. Then, my best friend Hank got his feet trimmed. He had his little problems like always, and my farrier, Will, said he thought some horses had a hard time when restrained and one foot held tight as it's being worked on. That made a lot of sense. Hank was a working stallion and needed all four feet on the ground at all times to take care of his herd.



After his feet were trimmed, I got on him bareback. We walked back and forth in our pasture and I could feel myself get more and more grounded. I was able to not just calm down, but feel love, warmth, happiness, beauty for the first time in days.

Interestingly, Hank has had a horrible limp and a few months ago, he told me (by perceptions) that he wasn't lame, never had been. He can't walk properly unless I spend time with him. I have spent more and more time with him the last few weeks and his limp has gotten much better. On his back today, he was completely sound as I rode him.

Hank is good for me and I am good for Hank. My best friend Hank.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Vote Counts--Count Every Vote

#BWW--This Stands for #Bernie Would Have Won--and He Would Have

The Easiness of Negativity, The Difficulty of Positivity