Tonight's the night!

 
I woke up this morning with butterflies in my stomach. Tonight's the night! After all the hard work, hope, the community of it all--tonight is Utah's night.

You see, as an actress, I know what having an important night means. In the acting world, it's opening night. You go to your audition and then you sit and wait. Did I get the part? Yes! Then you go to rehearsal after rehearsal, spend an inordinately insane time learning your lines. Your whole life sort of goes on hold in pursuit of finding your character. Tons. Of. Commitment.

And then, opening night. You have trusted your director. You step onstage and hope you do your best. But the thing is, you hope your cast does well, too. You hope the audience is excited to be there, becomes engaged in your performance. You hope that all your hard work crystallizes into perfection--that you and all who are there find the success you've been planning for. And you count on everyone in that building to find and embrace the spark. You want them to become a part of it all.

Tonight is Utah's caucus night. How I want all I know, all of you whom I love and respect to go be a part of this great voting privilege!

The "director" I've chosen in Bernie Sanders. I was thinking about it today. Having a director slash president I can trust is--wait for it--Yuge. Bernie has been in the public eye for over 30 years. No hint of scandal. He has been ferociously honest. He has shown his caring for his constituents by fighting for them, often in difficult circumstances. He hasn't always been Mr. Popular. But this is what I love about him! He has my back. He has all of our backs.

At the end of the performance, each actor comes out and bows and then the whole cast holds hands and bows together.

Tonight, hold my hand. Let's all hold hands. Be a part of something amazing.

I Can. Not. Wait!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Vote Counts--Count Every Vote

#BWW--This Stands for #Bernie Would Have Won--and He Would Have

The Easiness of Negativity, The Difficulty of Positivity