UT Caucus Kicks It--Hooray! Voter Fraud in AZ--Boo!


It is midnight and I am finally settled after the wild ride hubs and I had at the UT caucus in Spanish Fork. First, I am so remarkably grateful we volunteered to take ballots and voter registration forms at the Democratic Caucus. It was a stampede! A wild, crazy, energy-filled caucus that brought voters out like crazy. I keep saying crazy. There's a reason. It was so much fun, smiling at everyone including some brand new shiny young voters, some people who had never voted before who were "older" and a gob of Republicans standing in a cold, cloudy night outside the junior high school to vote. One cute lady came in and said, "My hands are so cold! But I'm gonna vote!" One cute young man and his mother were so excited they took photos of themselves with their ballots. Darling!

I was filled with such happiness to be part of something so historic, so filled with hope, such complete and utter fun. This guy was guiding people through the line. That guy was saying, "Check the map for your precinct and district." Me and about five others, then more, were taking ballots, taking voter registration (you can register to vote right there on the spot! Good on ya, Utah!), congratulating people on voting for the first time. A few people hugged me. Yes, it was a sweet experience. I gulped down a few tears.

Hubs signed us up to be county and state delegates. He said I "have it" for county. What? How cute is that? My husband has become a political superhero. Love that guy!

Then, I am perusing Facebook and see all kinds of voter fraud in Arizona. People still standing in line to vote and yet it says all the votes are in? Look, I think competition is great. But it has to be a fair fight. I am disappointed as heck at any and all involved in this fiasco and since this isn't Arizona's first whiff of funny business, someone needs to go clean that up. On, I know--Bernie Sanders!

And speaking of Bernie Sanders (gee, I talk about him a lot, don't I?) his complete and utter cream out here in Utah and in our sister state Idaho is nothing if not so thoroughly legit, I'm still giddy.

It's a great night to be a Berner.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Vote Counts--Count Every Vote

#BWW--This Stands for #Bernie Would Have Won--and He Would Have

The Easiness of Negativity, The Difficulty of Positivity